Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Aqaba


""""""Aqaba
Viale XX Settembre, 221
50019 Sesto Fiorentino (FI)
Tel. 055 4421287

Prezzo: 24.50 Euro
1 Pizza Margherita
1 Pizza Porcini
2 Coca-Cola in Lattina


ANNIE: 5/10
This pizzeria is located inside a mansion at the end of a gravel road. I imagine that in summertime, with candlelit tables encircling the fountain out front, it is a truly magical and romantic place to dine. And HERE our paradisaical moment is interrupted by a prolonged scratching of a record, time pauses, and I ask myself if that is, indeed, my ideal 'appuntamento pizza', and the answer, I think, is no. (My personal opinion dictates pizza is best enjoyed in a pub-like atmosphere.) Time fast-forwards and we're eating our less-than-luxurious pizzas, burnt crusts and all, and I feel like the meal just isn't quite up to par. (I'm certainly not suggesting that the flavor and the quality of a pizza in any way correlates with the level of an eatery's elegance...but IF I were to measure my pizza assessment in this way, I would obviously give the higher score to the pizzeria whose pizzas outshine the pizzeria itself...and so, Aqaba would be an incontestable failure.) The mozzarella (almost indecipherable in the tomato/cheese 2-in-1 topping) is sparse and disappointing. I can see how people could be tricked by such surroundings, but this pizza doesn't fool the experts.

FABIO: 4/10
Da come me ne hanno parlato e avendo visto il loro sito, ci sono arrivato addirittura con un pò di soggezione; il locale in effetti è situato in un parco e da fuori ha il suo fascino, ma dentro è come tanti altri. In effetti la pizza si differenzia: è sotto la media! Non è buona: la crosta è bassa e secca, la mozzarella quasi invisibile non sa di niente. Il pomodoro, per fortuna, è accettabile, se no la pizza sarebbe immangiabile essendo troppo e per di più troppo salato. Ora capisco perchè, nonostante sia considerato un posto di lusso, i prezzi, almeno per le pizze, non sono così alti.

No comments: